Here is everything you need to know before booking your appointment. We answer some of your frequently asked questions about Microblading in general. Have a question not answered here? Please feel free to call or send us an E-Mail.
Microblading eyebrows is a form of permanent makeup that creates natural, beautiful eyebrows with a handheld microblade. It’s perfect for people who have overplucked or those who want to define, darken or reshape their eyebrows. Each individual hairstroke is hand drawn by the artist and blended in with the client’s existing eyebrow hair. With a strong artist at the helm, the results can be gorgeous and very lifelike.
Microblading treatment is considered semi-permanent, will fade over time and will need a touch-up every 1-2 years to maintain. Results will vary from client to client. Frequency of touch-ups depends on a number of factors including: skin type (oily skin fade faster), pigment color used, sun exposure and use of daily anti-aging products.
Usually 5-7 days it will superficially heal. The color of the pigment will gradually soften to about 30-80% after the first treatment depending on how well your skin retained the pigment. To fully heal it takes anywhere from 4-8 weeks.
We recommend after 30 days to come in for a touch up. This appointment can last as little as 30 minutes or as much as two hours, depending on the amount of work needed. In this appointment, the HiBrows Artist will “warm up” or “cool down” the colors, to get it to match perfectly.
Within 2 hours you will have a full Brow Transformation. During your appointment a HIBROWS Artist will consult with you the entire time ensuring you are on the same page. Much of the time is spent measuring and drawing on a symmetrical set of brows creating your perfect shape. The actual Microblading procedure takes about 30-45 minutes. The touch-up appointment will take about a hour.
While Microblading is great for most people, there are some people who are ineligible for Microblading if:
• Under 18 years old
• Currently pregnant or breastfeeding
• Suffering from diabetes, glaucoma, skin diseases, allergies or rashes
• Prone to Keloids
• HIV / hepatitis
• Undergoing chemotherapy
• Currently have fillers or botox at the eyebrow area
• Under certain medications
• Have any heart problems
• Currently have a viral infection or disease
If you have a condition that doesn’t fit the ones mentioned above but you still feel there is an issue please let us know in advance so that we can make sure that here won’t be any type of issue or problem due to your condition or situation.
There are many techniques and approaches to Microblading. There are 1D Eyebrows, where the hairstrokes all go in one direction. There are 3D Eyebrows, where the hairstrokes are laid out in a specific pattern across the eyebrow ridges, creating a 3D effect. 6D Where the actual depth of the microblade varies on each individual hairstroke. This creates an even more dimensional and natural result. All of these approaches are valid and part of the art of Microblading. At HIBROWS our Artists use use 3D and 6D Microblading techniques.
A HIBROWS appointment will have the following steps:
Profile the client. First the Microblading artist will assess the client’s lifestyle and taste. Do they want something bold or natural? Do they wear makeup everyday or just special occasions? What face shape does the client have? This interview will help the HIBROWS Artist create the best brows for their client.
Draw on the eyebrows. Next the HIBROWS Artist will draw the eyebrows directly on the client’s face with a waterproof eyebrow pencil. This will be the artist’s guide for the Microblading procedure. This also allows the client to see the final look before any permanent work is performed.
Now the HIBROWS Artist begins Microblading, according to the drawing they’ve agreed upon with the client.
Remove the excess ink. Once the Microblading is finished, there is lots of extra ink remaining on the client’s face. The HIBROWS Artist wipes it off with a baby wipe and the client can see their new eyebrows! Except for some redness, the client will be ready to go back out in public, no problem.
Whether or not your Artist keeps a fine Instagram like HIBROWS, all Microblading Artists photograph their work for many reasons, not the least of which, to have a record of their own art!
Every person has a different pain tolerance. In all our years of doing Microblading, we have never had any extreme reactions to the procedure in terms of pain. Some compare it to plucking eyebrows, others say it’s very relaxing and some have literally slept through the appointment!
Microblading typically takes two appointments to complete. In the first appointment, the client is profiled and the eyebrows are drawn on with a waterproof pencil, so the HIBROWS Artist and client can agree on the look. The HIBROWS Artist then microblades the eyebrows and the client is ready to go back into the world. There is some mild scabbing and aftercare required, but your Microblading should be completely healed in 30 days.
The second appointment is a touch up at least 30 days after the first session. This allows enough time for the ink in the epidermis to naturally slough off, and the color to settle into your skin. In the touch up appointment, the HIBROWS Artist can see how your skin has received the ink and make any necessary corrections.
Sometimes a client’s skin undertones may have unexpected effects on the ink’s color, and the artist may need to add color to adjust. These kind of corrections are normal with any Microblading Artist and an essential part of the process, as everyone’s skin is different and receives ink differently.
Microblading Preparation(Before Treatment)
The following restrictions are to ensure your skin is in the best possible condition for an amazing Microblading procedure.
Please read carefully:
• Please do not work out the day of the procedure
• Avoid heavy sunlight and especially sunburn
• Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Omega-3 and Ibuprofen 48-72 hours prior to the procedure
• Please discuss with your healthcare provider before stopping or starting any medications
• Do not drink alcohol 24 hours before the procedure
• Do not drink coffee or anything with caffeine the day of procedure
• Avoid botox, fillers, chemical peels and laser treatments 4 weeks before procedure
• If you have an ideal shape or goal in mind please bring pictures of the desired shape
Remember, aftercare is just part of the equation to successful results, but it is very important part of the equation.
• Do not wet your freshly microbladed eyebrows for 10 days
• Avoid sleeping on your face for the first couple of days
• Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away (Picking can cause scarring or loss of color)
• No facials, botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for a couple of weeks
• Avoid hot, sweaty exercise / sports
• Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning after the Microblading procedure
• Avoid long, hot showers for the first couple of days
• Avoid face-down swimming, lakes, and hot tubs for the next days
• Avoid topical makeup and sunscreen on the area.
• Do not rub, pick, or scratch the treated area.
• Do not apply make-up on the Eyebrows
• No swimming pools, jacuzzis or other bodies of waterFailure to follow aftercare procedures may cause the loss of pigment, discoloration or infection. Remember color and hair strokes appear darker and sharper right after your Microblading treatment. As your brows heal, the color will soften and some hair strokes may disappear and reappear.
If you have any other questions or need more instructions please give us a call! We’re happy to help.